Transmission System Operations Certificate
Registration for this program is closed.
The online program teaches the necessary knowledge to operate and maintain power control systems. The series covers the fundamentals of electrical power systems and power transmission,as well as more advanced topics such as dispatching, monitoring, operating under abnormal conditions, controlling to NERC standards, system restoration, and more.
Who Should Take Transmission System Operations Training?
The program is designed for power system operators or for new members of the power sector.
Class Schedule and Format
This non-credit professional development program is fully online and self-paced. This is an open enrollment program, so you can enroll and start learning at any time. Once you enroll, you will have 6 months to complete the program.
What Is Included
- 7501 Review of Fundamentals
- 7502 Power Transmission
- 7503 System Voltage Control
- 7504 System Frequency and Tie-Line Control
- 7505 Power Dispatching
- 7506 System Security
- 7507 Operating Under Abnormal Conditions
- 7508 System Restoration
- 7509 Monitoring and Control Communications
- 7510 Transmission System Protection
- 7511 Electric Utility Deregulation in North America
- 7514 Controlling to NERC Standards: Interconnection Operation
- 7515 Transmission Operations 101
- 7516 Controlling to NERC Standards: Generation Control and Performance
- 7517 Controlling to NERC Standards: Aspects of System Operations
- 7518 Controlling to NERC Standards: Power System Transactions and Coordination
- 7519 Transmission Restoration 01
- 7520 Bulk Electric System Restoration 02
- 7521 Protective Relays for System Operators 01
Each course includes 2-4 course hours.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education.
This program is offered in collaboration with 360training, a NERC–approved continuing education (CE) provider. The courses in this program can help you meet the number of required CE hours for maintaining the validity of your NERC certification.