Updates for Students Taking Certification Exams
Last updated: March 26, 2020 9:45 AM
We understand that our students work hard to prepare for their certification exams, and we know that exam schedules may be affected by testing center closures or other coronavirus-related delays.
We are actively monitoring the impact of coronavirus-related closures and delays, so we can help ensure our students' success.
Below are links to the latest updates from testing centers and certifying organizations that may affect our students.
Because the situation is evolving rapidly, we recommend that you check the relevant testing center and certifying body website for the most up-to-date information.
Testing Center Information
Pearson VUE is the authorized testing provider for the following exams our students may be preparing for:
- AutoCAD Certified User
- Cisco certification, such as CCNA or CCNP
- CCSP Cloud Security
- CompTIA certification, such as A+, Network+, Security+ or CySA+
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- QuickBooks Certified User
As of March 17, all U.S. Pearson VUE testing centers are temporarily closed through April 15. See Pearson VUE's Coronavirus Update page for the latest information.
Prometric is the testing provider for the Society for Human Resource Professionals (SHRM) Certified Professional and Senior Certified Professional exams.
Prometric testing centers are temporarily closed for thirty days starting March 18. Learn more on Prometric's Update page.
Updates from Certifying Organizations
- Cisco is extending expiration dates for active certifications and for unused exam vouchers. See the Cisco Certification Updates page for more.
- CompTIA is working to offer remote/online testing options some time in April. They are also offering extensions on already-purchased CompTIA exam vouchers. Learn more on CompTIA's COVID-19 Response page.
- PMI (the Project Management Institute) is offering rescheduling options for those who are unable to take a previously-scheduled exam (including PMP and CAPM exams). PMI is also extending access to the current Project Management Professional (PMP) exam until December 31 and delaying launch of the new exam until 2021. See the PMI Coronavirus Update page for more.
- SHRM has updated their spring testing window for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams. SHRM will also offer remote exam proctoring beginning June 1. See the SHRM Exam Windows and Fees page for more.
- NCEES is waiving reschedule fees for Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) candidates affected by Pearson VUE test center closures. Check the NCEES News page for the latest updates.
We encourage you to contact us if you have questions regarding a certification exam or certification exam prep class.