Updates for Students Taking Certification Exams
Updated May 27, 2020
We understand that our students work hard to prepare for their certification exams, and we know that exam schedules may be affected by testing center closures or other coronavirus-related delays.
We are actively monitoring the impact of coronavirus-related closures and delays, so we can help ensure our students' success.
Below are links to the latest updates from testing centers and certifying organizations that may affect our students.
Because the situation is evolving rapidly, we recommend that you check the relevant testing center and certifying body website for the most up-to-date information.
Certifying Organizations Offering Online Testing
Good news! Many certifying organizations are offering online certification exam options:
- Cisco is offering remote online testing for most certification exams starting April 15. Cisco is also extending expiration dates for active certifications and for unused exam vouchers. See the Cisco Certification Updates page for more.
- CompTIA is also offering remote online testing for most certification exams starting April 15. They are also offering extensions on already-purchased CompTIA exam vouchers. Learn more on CompTIA's COVID-19 Response page.
- NHA (the National Healthcareer Association) will begin offering live remote proctoring for its certification exams, including the Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) and Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) exams. Learn more on the NHA Online Exams page.
- PMI (the Project Management Institute) is offering remote online testing for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam. They are also offering rescheduling options for those who are unable to take a previously-scheduled exam (including PMP and CAPM exams). PMI is also extending access to the current PMP exam until December 31 and delaying launch of the new exam until 2021. See the PMI Coronavirus Update and Resource Hub pages for more.
- SHRM has updated their spring testing window for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams. SHRM is also offering remote exam proctoring beginning June 1. See the SHRM Exam Windows and Fees and Testing pages for more.
Other Certifying Organization Updates
(ISC)2 credentials include CISSP and CCSP. Online testing is not available at this time for these exams. However, (ISC)2 exam voucher expiration dates have been extended. Learn more on the organization's COVID-19 Response page.
NCEES is making changes to the format of the October 2020 exam administration. NCEES is also waiving reschedule fees for Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) candidates affected by Pearson VUE test center closures. Check the NCEES News page for the latest updates.
Testing Center Information
Pearson VUE is the authorized testing provider for the following exams our students may be preparing for:
- AutoCAD Certified User (online testing available)
- Cisco certification, such as CCNA or CCNP (online testing available)
- CCSP Cloud Security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CompTIA certification, such as A+, Network+, Security+ or CySA+ (online testing available)
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) (online testing available)
- QuickBooks Certified User
Some U.S. Pearson VUE testing centers began to re-open in May, and test candidates can begin to schedule in-person exams in some locations. Pearson VUE says: "availability is limited at this time because we are following social distancing guidelines and government guidance." See Pearson VUE's Coronavirus Update page for the latest information.
U.S. Prometric testing centers are closed for most exams until June 1. Learn more on Prometric's Update page.
We encourage you to contact us if you have questions regarding a certification exam or certification exam prep class.