Certification Exams: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Updated February 17, 2021
We understand that you have worked hard to prepare for your certification exams, and we know that exam schedules may be affected by coronavirus-related delays.
We are actively monitoring the impact on testing centers, so we can help ensure your success.
Below are links to the latest updates from testing centers and certifying organizations that may affect your certification exams.
Because the situation is evolving rapidly, we recommend that you check the relevant testing center and certifying organization website for the most up-to-date information.
University of Arizona Testing Office
The University of Arizona Testing Office, located in the University Services Annex (USA) building at 220 W. 6th Street, has reopened. Both the Main Lab and the Prometric labs are open at reduced capacity to allow for social distancing between test takers.
Per University of Arizona policy, face coverings are required in the Testing Office.
Check the Testing Office website for the latest information.
Certifying Organizations Offering Online Testing
Good news! Many certifying organizations are offering online certification exam options:
- Cisco is offering remote online testing for most certification exams. See the Cisco Online Testing page for more information.
- CompTIA is also offering remote online testing for most certification exams. Learn more on CompTIA's Online Exam page.
- NHA (the National Healthcareer Association) is offering live remote proctoring for its certification exams, including the Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) and Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) exams. Learn more on the NHA Online Exams page.
- PMI (the Project Management Institute) is offering remote online testing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) exam. See the PMI Coronavirus Update page for more information.
- SHRM is offering remote online testing for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams. See the SHRM Exam Windows and Fees and Testing pages for more.
Other Certifying Organization Updates
(ISC)2 credentials include CISSP® and CCSP®. (ISC)2 is currently piloting online testing, and online testing may become more generally available at a later time. Learn more on the organization's COVID-19 Response page.
NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) candidates should check the NCEES News page for the latest updates.
Testing Center Information
In-Person Pearson VUE Testing Centers
Pearson VUE is the authorized testing provider for many of the exams our participants may take, including:
- AutoCAD Certified User (online testing available)
- Cisco certification, such as CCNA or CCNP (online testing available)
- CCSP Cloud Security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CompTIA certification, such as A+, Network+, Security+ or CySA+ (online testing available)
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) exams, including PMP® and CAPM® (online testing available)
- QuickBooks Certified User
Many U.S. Pearson VUE testing centers are open, and test candidates can schedule in-person exams in some locations.
Pearson VUE says: "The status of our global test delivery is changing rapidly due to the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to monitor the situation and make decisions about test center operations in accordance with government and local authorities."
Face masks are currently required in Pearson VUE-owned testing centers. Exam candidates may also be asked to comply with other health and safety guidelines. Testing center capacity may be limited due to social distancing guidelines.
See Pearson VUE's Coronavirus Update page for the latest information.
In-Person Prometric Testing Centers
Many U.S. Prometric testing centers are open. Learn more on Prometric's Update page. Some sites may be operating at limited capacity or limiting testing to only "essential" programs. You can check testing site status on the Prometric Site Openings page.
We encourage you to contact us if you have questions regarding a certification exam or certification exam prep class.
CISSP and CCSP are registered certification marks of (ISC)², Inc. The Certified Association in Project Management (CAPM) and the Project Management Professional (PMP) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.