Advanced Project Management Concepts: Using Agile and Scrum
Registration for this course is now closed.
Industries around the world are facing increasing complexity when developing solutions to business problems. Agile frameworks and methodologies support ways of working that allow organizations to be more adaptive to emergent change.
Agile frameworks and methodologies have been widely adopted by teams and organizations looking to improve quality, increase flexibility, and utilize their resources more efficiently:
"Agile ways of working can deliver benefits far beyond IT, the function where they originated: faster and more customer-centric decisions, happier customers, better use of talent, less wasted effort, and empowered and engaged employees." - McKinsey & Company, February 2021
Who Should Take Advanced Project Management Concepts?
While there are no prerequisites for this course, it is designed for experienced project managers.
What You Will Learn
Agility is a fundamental change in how we work together. When we learn to “be agile”, the “doing agile” part emerges naturally.
In this noncredit professional development course, you will learn to "be agile" by:
- Discussing the elements of mindset that help to drive agile transformations.
- Exploring Scrum, which is one of the most popular agile frameworks. Using the Scrum Guide, we will examine how to design workflows to be more adaptive to emergent change.
- Practicing tools, techniques, and exercises that will help to illustrate the fundamental shifts that can help us to be more agile.
View course details (PDF).
Class Schedule and Format
This is a live, instructor-led class. Participants will have the option of attending class sessions in person (see location details below) or live online (via Zoom).
Class dates and times:
- August 17, 18, and 19, 5-8 p.m.
- August 24, 25, and 26, 5-8 p.m.
Office of Continuing & Professional Education
1955 E. Sixth St.
Annex Building (located in the parking lot of 1955 E. Sixth St.)
In-person class sessions will also be live streamed (via Zoom), so participants can choose to attend in person or online via Zoom.
What Is Included
- 18 contact hours of live instruction from an industry subject matter expert
- Textbook and materials
- A Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education upon successful completion of the course
Paying For Your Class
A 10% discount may be available for this class. For additional information, please see Payment FAQs.