CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) with free online training
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification designates IT professionals with advanced-level security skills and knowledge.
If you understand how to develop and implement secure solutions across enterprise environments, this certification allows you to document and prove your mastery of information security to employers.
CASP+ is also one of the Department of Defense-approved baseline certifications for DoD 8570. CASP+ certification gives individuals the necessary qualifications for higher-level positions, meeting the requirements for jobs in Information Assurance Technical Level III, IS Manager Level II and IA Systems Architect and Engineer Levels I and II.
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will be prepared to take the CASP+ certification exam.
Note: CompTIA is releasing a new version of the CASP+ exam (CAS-004) in August 2021. The November 2021 class will prepare you for the new CAS-004 exam.
Who Should Take CASP+?
This certification is intended for experienced IT security practitioners.
While not required, CompTIA recommends that CASP+ candidates have the following experience: a minimum of 10 years of hands-on IT experience, with at least five years of hands-on IT security experience.
Although not a prerequisite, CASP+ candidates often have CompTIA Security+ certification.
Course Schedule and Format
This is an intensive 40-hour live course. The course is taught by an industry subject matter expert, either live online (via Zoom) or in-person, depending on the date.
- November 15-19, 2021, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. daily (live online)
- Can be scheduled on demand for groups of six or more in the Tucson, Phoenix Metro, Yuma and Sierra Vista areas
What is Included
- 40 hours of live instruction from an industry subject matter expert
- Textbook (in either hard copy or electronic/downloadable format)
- One voucher to take the CompTIA CASP+ certification exam: you can choose to take either the new CAS-004 exam or the current CAS-003 exam (if you plan to take CAS-003, you will need to take the exam before CAS-003 retires in February 2022)
- Free self-paced online training, so you can start learning immediately or use it as a refresher before you take your exam (note: self-paced training is designed to prepare you for the current CASP+ exam, CAS-003)
- A Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education
- Follow-up training: You may register for one additional scheduled 40-hour CASP+ course for free, within six months after completing your course