Introduction to Project Management with CAPM® Exam Prep
Project managers are responsible for planning and organizing projects and ensuring those projects are delivered on time and on budget. And project management is one of the most in-demand skills in job postings nationwide.
What You Will Learn
This course will equip you with the fundamental skills you need to start managing projects. You'll learn the entire project life cycle, from project initiation and planning, through execution, support, and closure. The course will also prepare you to take the Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) exam.
Who Should Take Introduction to Project Management?
This course is designed for those who want to start a career in project management or add project management skills to their resume, as well as those who have some experience managing projects and want to improve their skills.
To qualify for Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification, aspiring project managers must have: a high school diploma, associate’s degree or equivalent; and 23 hours of formal project management training. This class fulfills the requirement for 23 hours of project management training.
Experienced project managers who qualify for Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification are encouraged to take PMP Certification Exam Prep.
What Is Included
- 24 hours of instruction with an experienced project manager (meets PMI requirements for required hours of project management training).
- Access to the instructor to ask questions
- Simulation of project work
- Training for the the CAPM exam.
- Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education.
Note: The cost of the exam is not included in tuition.
Class Schedule and Format
The course is taught by an industry subject matter expert, either live online (via Zoom) or in-person, depending on the date.
- Can be scheduled on demand for groups of six or more, in person (Tucson, Phoenix, Yuma or Sierra Vista area) or live online.
- Additional dates TBD.
Paying For Your Class
The Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.