Introduction to Project Management for Construction
Project managers help projects get completed on time and on-budget. That’s why project management is one of the most sought-after job skills across industries, including construction.
What You Will Learn
University of Arizona Introduction to Project Management for Construction equips you with the essential skills to become a successful construction project manager.
You’ll learn the entire project life cycle, from project initiation and planning, through execution, support, and closure.
The course also prepares you to earn an industry-recognized project management credential: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) from the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
CAPM certification verifies your project management knowledge and skills, and it is a stepping stone to the top project management credential, Project Management Professional (PMP®).
Who Should Take Introduction to Project Management for Construction?
This course is designed for those who:
- Are new to project management or have some project management experience and want to improve their skills.
- Work in construction and related industries. The course is taught by an experienced project manager who understands the unique requirements and challenges of construction project management.
Taking the CAPM exam is optional, but encouraged. To qualify for CAPM certification, aspiring construction project managers must have: a high school diploma, associate’s degree or equivalent; and 23 hours of formal project management training. This class fulfills the requirement for 23 hours of project management training.
Included in Your Project Management Course
- 32 hours of live, highly interactive instruction from an experienced project manager (meets PMI requirements for required hours of project management training).
- Textbook and all course materials
- Access to the instructor to ask questions
- Simulation of construction project management work
- Preparation for the CAPM exam
- Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education
Note: The cost of the CAPM exam is not included in tuition.
University of Arizona Class Schedule and Format
You will attend this live, instructor-led course two times per week:
- Can be scheduled on demand for groups of six or more, in person (Tucson, Phoenix, Yuma or Sierra Vista area) or live online. Flexible scheduling and format options are available. Contact us to learn more.
In-Person Class Location:
The Refinery @ The UA Tech Park
1600 East Idea Lane, 3rd Floor
Tucson, Arizona 85713
The Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.