Seeking funding from a workforce development agency?
The University of Arizona office of Continuing & Professional Education is part of the Arizona Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) and offers a number of noncredit Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) approved programs.
We are also a proud participant in the following military programs:
- Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program
- My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA) program for military spouses
If you are working with a workforce development agency to further your education and expand your career opportunities, we are here to help!
How It Works
While the process may vary slightly by agency, these are the steps most workforce development agency-funded participants will take.
Step 1. Discuss with Your Funder
The first step is to contact your funding agency (for example, an Arizona One-Stop Service Center or Army CA).
Depending on the agency, you may be connected with a career adviser or counselor. This person will usually review your work history, skills and goals to help you choose the right program to advance your career. Your adviser/counselor will usually help you understand the types of support or funding you may be eligible to receive.
Step 2. Choose a Program
Once you have identified your training goals and the funding opportunities available to you, you are ready to choose the program that will help you achieve those goals.
Find the training program that is right for you:
Step 3. Request a Training Plan
Most funders require us to create a training plan. Generally, this training plan will be reviewed by the funder to confirm that the training program meets your needs and the agency's funding guidelines. Once you choose your program, all you need to do is fill out our Training Plan Request form. We will create a training plan for you.
Step 4. Get Approved
In most cases, your funder will notify you if your training plan and funding are approved. You may receive a voucher, authorization letter or purchase order document, depending on the funder. Please send that approval document to Jo Ann Sanders, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5. Start Learning!
After we receive confirmation that your funding is approved, we will register you for the approved program. We will also work with your funder to handle payment processing.
- Office of Continuing & Professional Education: Contact Jo Ann Sanders email@example.com or& 520-626-5091
- Arizona Workforce Development Programs: Contact your local One-Stop Service Center for information about your eligibility.
- Army CA: Please visit the Army COOL website to learn more.
- My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA): To learn more about eligibility to participate in MyCAA, download the MyCAA Fact Sheet (PDF).