Seeking funding from a workforce development agency?

The University of Arizona office of Continuing & Professional Education is part of the Arizona Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) and offers a number of noncredit Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) approved programs. We are also a proud participant in the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA) program for military spouses.

If you are working with a workforce development agency to further your education and expand your career opportunities, we are here to help!

While the process may vary slightly by agency, these are the steps most of our workforce development agency-funded students will take.

Workforce development agency funding process overview

1. Discuss with Your Funder

The first step is to contact your workforce development agency (for example, a One-Stop Service Center or the Department of Veterans' Services).

Most agencies will connect you with a career adviser or counselor. This person will usually review your work history, skills and goals to help you choose the right program to advance your career. Your counselor will usually help you understand the types of support or funding you may be eligible to receive.

2. Choose a Program

Once you have worked with your counselor to identify your goals and the funding opportunities available to you, you're ready to choose the program that will help you achieve those goals.

Find the training program that is right for you:

3. Request a Training Plan

Most workforce development agencies require us to create a training plan. Generally, this training plan will be reviewed by the funder to confirm that the training program meets your needs and the agency's funding guidelines. Once you choose your program, all you need to do is fill out our Training Plan Request form. We will create a training plan for you.

Go to the Training Plan Request Form>>>>

4. Get Approved

In most cases, your funder will notify you if your training plan and funding are approved. You may receive a voucher, authorization letter or purchase order document, depending on the funder. Please send that approval document to Jo Ann Sanders,

5. Start Learning!

After we receive confirmation that your funding is approved, we will register you for the approved program. We will also work with your funder to handle payment processing.


Office of Continuing & Professional Education

Jo Ann Sanders or 520-626-5091

Arizona Workforce Development Programs

Contact your local One-Stop Service Center for information about your eligibility.


My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA)

To learn more about eligibility to participate in MyCAA, download the MyCAA Fact Sheet (PDF).