Human Resources (SHRM) Certification Exam Prep
Human resources professionals: are you looking to get SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certified?
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) credentials make you a recognized expert in the Human Resources field.
This online course combines expert instruction with the proven SHRM Learning System to offer a comprehensive and effective way to prepare for success on your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification exam.
Who Should Take This Course?
SHRM certification is designed for experienced HR professionals:
- SHRM-CP is recommended for those in operational HR roles: according to SHRM, this includes duties such as "implementing HR policies, supporting day-to-day HR functions, or serving as an HR point of contact for staff and stakeholders."
- SHRM-SCP is recommended for more experienced HR professionals with at least 3 years of work history in a strategic HR role. This includes duties such as "developing HR policies and/or procedures, overseeing the execution of integrated HR operations, directing an entire HR enterprise, or leading the alignment of HR strategies to organizational goals."
Learn more about SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP.
Schedule and Format
The course is completely online, so you can prepare for your HR exam wherever you are located.
This course combines the convenience of self-paced study with the structure and support of an instructor-led class. You will complete weekly assignments such as reading, discussion questions and quizzes on your own schedule.
You will have access to a SHRM-SCP instructor, who can answer questions and help you through the material. The instructor will also host weekly optional live Zoom sessions to help you deepen your HR knowledge.
The course is offered two times per year: once in the spring and once in the fall, to align with SHRM testing windows.
- Spring 2023: February 21, 2023 to April 24, 2023 (registration for this course is now closed)
- Fall 2023: September 12 to November 13, 2023
What Is Included
- Comprehensive SHRM exam preparation: SHRM credentials are based on the SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge™ (SHRM BASK™), which describes the behavioral competencies and HR knowledge that HR professionals need for effective job performance. The course provides participants with a comprehensive review of the SHRM BASK™ in preparation for taking the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam. Download full syllabus (PDF).
- Structured learning: participants will complete weekly assignments (amount per week varies), such as discussion questions, quizzes, and an assessment to keep on track to prepare for their certification exam.
- Weekly live Zoom sessions: participants can attend optional weekly Zoom sessions led by the instructor and other HR experts. These sessions provide the opportunity to ask questions, get feedback, and to interact with the instructor and each other.
- SHRM Learning System: course registration includes 18 months of access to the proven SHRM Learning System (a $995 retail value).
- Certificate: upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education.
Participants who successfully complete the course may also receive 10 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs are available for an additional fee.
Paying For Your Course
A 10% discount is available for University of Arizona faculty and staff members, University of Arizona graduates/alumni, SHRM members, military-connected learners, and members of specific local organizations. Discounts may also be available for group registration (three or more registrants from the same organization). Contact us to learn more.
A payment plan is also available for this class.
You’ll be able to tap into the expertise and guidance of our highly-experienced, SHRM-certified instructor who is ready to work with you to make sure you are prepared for success on your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
Denise Godoy is a Human Resources Manager at the University of Arizona. Denise oversees the day-to-day operations for her unit including recruitments, hiring, payroll, compensation, and leave management. She provides advice and guidance on employee relations issues and performance management.
Denise has over 10 years of experience in the HR field. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Public Management and Policy and a Master of Legal Studies degree with a concentration in Compliance and Legal Risk Management. Denise also holds the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) designation.