Course Information and Policies
University of Arizona Policies
The University of Arizona is committed to fostering a learning, working, and living environment free from all forms of discrimination, including harassment. The University's Nondiscrimination and Anti-harassment Policy and the Student Code of Conduct prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and genetic information.
We will not release information about students' participation in CaPE programs to third parties (including but not limited to individuals, employers, pre-employment screening agencies, and other educational institutions) without the student's permission. If you would like us to share information with a specific individual, company or organization, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and Course Information
For most classes, payment in full is required at the time of registration. CaPE accepts credit card payments, checks made out to the University of Arizona, and official company or organization Purchase Orders. There is a $25 service charge for any returned check. There is a payment plan option available for select classes. If a payment plan option is available, that information will be included on the class catalog page and the registration page.
Handouts and course materials are usually included in the registration fee. Books or other materials such as software may occasionally be required at an additional cost. If the class requires additional materials, that information will be included on the class registration page.
Certification exam vouchers are available for purchase for many exam preparation courses. Upon successful completion of your exam preparation course, you will receive instructions for requesting your exam voucher. Arrangements to take exams must be made within 6 months of completion of the course. It is the student's responsibility to review and confirm they meet the certification requirements prior to exam purchase. All exam fees are non-refundable.
In-person classes are held in a variety of locations. Course locations are noted in the course listings. CaPE reserves the right to change the locations of classes.
CaPE reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes, change instructors or change class locations when necessary. If a class is cancelled or rescheduled by CaPE, you may request a transfer to another class or a refund of your registration fee. We will notify you via email and/or phone about class cancellations or changes, so please make sure your contact information is correct when you register.
For successful completion of many in-person courses, attendance at most or all scheduled class sessions is required. If you miss a class session due to an emergency, speak to your instructor as soon as possible.
If you will be unable to complete a course due to major health or other issues beyond your control, see the Hardship Withdrawals or Army Credentialing Assistance (CA)/Air Force COOL Program sections below.
Students who receive financial aid from federal or state agencies must provide progress reports when requested by their assigned counselor. Your program supervisor may request a review of your progress at the end of each semester.
Refunds, Withdrawals and Transfers
Policy updated: May 19, 2021
No refunds or transfers will be issued after the course start date or once course material has been accessed in any manner, except as described in the Hardship Withdrawal and Army Credentialing Assistance (CA)/Air Force COOL sections below.
All exam fees are non-refundable.
If you are not able to or no longer wish to take a course, you may request a refund or transfer.
If you request a refund prior to the relevant deadline described below, you will be refunded your full registration fee minus a $25 administrative fee.
You may also request to transfer to a different session of the same class.
Transfer payments and fees:
- If the registration fee for the class you are transferring to is higher than the class you are transferring from, you are responsible for paying the difference in price between the old class and the new class.
- In addition to paying the price difference between the two classes, a transfer fee may be charged. One transfer is processed at no charge. A $25 administrative fee is applied to subsequent transfer requests.
Participants whose registration fees were paid by a third party (such as a state/county workforce development agency or an employer) may not be eligible for refunds or transfers. If your registration was paid by a third party and you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Deadlines for refund and transfer requests depend on the type of course:
- For in-person or live online courses, the deadline is ten business days before the course starts.
- For online courses, no refunds or transfers are available once course material has been accessed in any manner. If course material has not been accessed:
- For online courses with a specific start date, the deadline is ten business days before the course starts.
- For online courses without a specific start date, participants have three business days from the date they enrolled to request a refund or transfer.
Requests for refunds and transfers must be in writing. Submit requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow 5-7 business days for credit card refunds and 6-8 weeks for check refunds.
You may also be able to transfer your registration to another individual. If you are unable to attend and have identified someone who will attend in your place, please contact email@example.com before the first day of class. Your registration will be transferred to that individual, but no refunds will be issued.
Materials: If course materials are purchased from a third party (including, but not limited to, textbooks, CDs, videos or study guides), it is the participant's responsibility to review and abide by the third party’s refund policies.
If the deadline to request a refund or transfer has passed and you are unable to complete a course or program due to physical health, mental health or other circumstances beyond your control, you may request a hardship withdrawal. To inquire about a hardship withdrawal, submit requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recognize that military duties (such as unanticipated deployments or mobilization, activation, and temporary duty assignments) may affect a service member's ability to participate in a CaPE course or program. Upon approval from the funder, CaPE may cancel a service member's course/program registration, withdraw them from the course/program, or transfer them to a different course/program, in accordance with the funder's policies.
Important note: Per Army CA Policy, "Soldiers who wish to withdraw from a CA-approved program must do so in ArmyIgnitED. Under no circumstances will the Soldier coordinate a withdrawal directly with the vendor [University of Arizona Continuing and Professional Education]. If this occurs, the Soldier will be liable for any debt incurred."
- Cancellations, refunds, transfers, and withdrawals must be approved by Army CA.
- Refunds will always be issued to the funder, not to the Soldier.
- Up to the start date of the course or program, CaPE will refund all (100 percent) of Army CA funds to the funder, if the Soldier does not start the CaPE course or program.
- After the start date of the program, CaPE will partially refund Army CA funds to the funder on a proportional basis through the 60 percent portion of the period for which the funds were provided.
- Refunds will always be issued to the funder, not to the service member.
- Up to the start date of the course or program, CaPE will refund all (100 percent) of Air Force COOL funds to the funder, if the service member does not start the CaPE course or program.
- After the start date of the program, CaPE will partially refund Air Force COOL funds to the funder on a proportional basis through the 60 percent portion of the period for which the funds were provided.
CEUs are a nationally recognized means of tracking your continuing education coursework. CEUS are available by request for many CaPE classes. 10 contact hours = 1 CEU. Requests should be made within two weeks of course completion and include payment of $25 per course.
If you are offering a class or course and would like to award CEUs, we can work with you to do so. Please contact us at least two weeks prior to the class or course start date. The fee for CEU eligibility determination is $125 ($75 for University of Arizona departments).