Want to Get Certified? Here's What You Need to Know
If you are an experienced professional, earning an industry certification can help you move up in your current career. If you're looking to change careers, an entry-level certification can open the door to starting a new career.
Industry certifications are awarded by a certification body (such as an industry association, trade group or a corporation), usually after successfully completing a certification exam. Most certifications are targeted to a specific skill and experience level, so there may be work experience or education requirements that you must meet prior to taking a certification exam.
You can learn more about the examination process and certification requirements for popular industry certifications here:
- AutoCAD Certified User
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)
- Cisco Routing & Switching Certifications - CCNA and CCNP (PDF)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- QuickBooks Certified User
- SHRM Certified Professional or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP)
If you're ready to get certified, a certification exam prep class can help you get ready to take your certification exam.