Legal Nurse Consultant Course
This program prepares medical professionals for a career in the legal field as legal nurse consultants.
Legal nurse consultants use their medical education and experience to advise law firms, health care providers, insurance companies, government agencies and other organizations regarding medically-related issues and appear in court as expert witnesses.
What You Will Learn
The course provides a comprehensive analysis of the principles and practices of legal nurse consulting (LNC), with an emphasis on law and expert witness testimony.
Who Should Take the Legal Nurse Consultant Course?
The course is designed for medical professionals who wish to start a career as legal nurse consultants. The course is also open to anyone interested in the field of forensic testimony and medical-legal issues.
Class Schedule and Format
This noncredit professional development course includes 42 clock hours of instruction/learning.
The course is available in two different formats:
- In the online format, you will complete your course in one seven-week session. You will complete weekly activities and assignments, averaging 10 hours per week of course work. As long as you complete your work by the assigned deadline, you can work at your own pace, and you don't need to be online at a particular time.
- In the online flex format, you can start the program at any time and work at your own pace. Once you register, you will have four months to complete the program.
Online course dates: see start dates in the right sidebar.
Online Flex course dates: start any time and complete your program within four months.
What Is Included
- 42 clock hours of training
- A Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education upon successful completion of the program
- A digital badge upon successful completion of the program
Note: books and materials are not included in registration fee.