Paralegal is one of the fastest growing careers in the country! The national median earnings for paralegals is over $50,000/year, and freelance paralegal professionals average significantly more across the board.
There are paralegal job openings in every state and in a wide variety of industries, making paralegal skills highly transferable. Law firms, government agencies, corporations, hospitals, the court system and many other employers hire paralegals.
The Center for Legal Studies Paralegal Certificate Course© prepares you for a career in this fast-growing field.
How to register
This is a non-credit professional development certificate. The only prerequisites for participation in the program are: a high school diploma (or equivalent) and being 18 years of age. There is no application required. To register for the program, click the Register for Class button below.
On the registration page, you can choose a course format (online or live lecture) and the date you wish to start the program, purchase your books/materials, and pay your registration fee.
Choose a format that works for you
The Paralegal Certificate Course is available in online or live lecture formats:
- In the online format, you will complete weekly activities and assignments. As long as you do your work by the assigned deadline, you can work at your own pace, and you don't need to be online at a particular time. View full online course syllabus.
- In the live lecture format, you still have weekly activities and assignments. You will also attend live lectures (via Zoom) on Saturdays and Sundays. View full live lecture course syllabus.
Online course dates
- January 11, 2021 - April 23, 2021
- March 8, 2021 - June 18, 2021
- May 3, 2021 - August 13, 2021
- June 28, 2021 - October 8, 2021
- August 23, 2021 - December 3, 2021
- October 18, 2021 - February 25, 2022
Live lecture course dates: February 27 - May 23, 2021. Course includes live lectures (via Zoom) on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
Upon successful completion of this non-credit online program, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education.
This program is offered in collaboration with The Center for Legal Studies, Inc. (CLS).
Financing options may be available through CLS, in partnership with Affirm. Learn more here. Note: The University of Arizona is not affiliated with Affirm and does not administer the Affirm payment program.