New Program: Business Analytics Certificate
Business analytics skills are in high demand. Employers need people who understand how to use data to solve problems, identify opportunities and improve business performance.
Now you can add core business analytics skills to your resume in just 10 weeks, with a University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education Business Analytics Certificate.
What You Will Learn in the Course
You will learn:
- Business Analytics Fundamentals: Learn how data can help you solve problems, drive growth and influence decision-making.
- Data Modeling: Determine the data set for answering key research questions. Understand application workflows, design tables, determine primary keys and use the right data types effectively.
- Accessing Data with SQL: Retrieve and summarize data with SQL. Develop SQL queries and learn techniques such as filtering, working with joins and using aggregate functions.
- Data Visualization and Technology: Design research questions and select tools, techniques and visualization types to highlight insights, and get hands-on with Tableau.
- KPIs, Business Objectives, and More: Develop business objectives and articulate their relationship to business performance.
You will also be prepared to take the Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification Exam.
How the Business Analytics Course Works
The convenient online format allows you to learn in-demand business analytics skills from any location.
The ten-week Business Analytics Science Certificate course includes weekly online learning content such as videos and reading, plus assignments to reinforce your learning and give you hands-on practical experience. You can complete these learning activities on your own schedule each week.
You also have the option to attend weekly mentor-led live broadcasts once a week via Zoom. These sessions are an opportunity to ask questions, get feedback, and deepen your knowledge.
Classes start monthly. See upcoming class dates.
Who Can Take This Course?
This is a noncredit professional development program that is open to all learners. You do not need previous business analytics experience, and you don't have to be in Arizona or a student at the University of Arizona.